Like to hear more about Theresa’s experience? Call her now @ 727-455-1332.
Here are some bullet points:
Small Business Work Experience
Southern Garden Ponds – two-person business we sold after 6 years – we designed and built outdoor living areas with garden ponds, hot tubs, gazebos and firepits.
- Handled consumer sales (increased sales 56% in one year), marketing, CAD (on one of the earliest Mac computers!), accounting and trade shows.
- Loved finding ways to make our customers happy with every step of the process.
SailRC.com – three-person business we closed after 15 years – we sold radio-controlled model sailboats all over the world via our website. There, I developed and steered all aspects of eCommerce business, from web design to purchasing to marketing.
- Effectively redesigned search engine optimized website for desired keywords targeting customer acquisition.
- Used analytics to meet targeted goals.
- Maintained eCommerce website products, blog, and plugins.
- Established a successful email marketing program that substantially increased sales from previous customers.
- Administered constantly changing the budget to determine the effectiveness of marketing company products, the website, blog and forum to secure the company’s perceived level of expertise.
- Continually enhanced brand recognition via marketing collateral including print, email and online.
- Sought out international external partners to drive sales and brand value.
- Targeted potential vendors to provide private labeled items and customer-oriented products to enhance the SailRC value.
- Researched potential boat shows, events, products and other areas to increase customer acquisition and build brand identity.
- Revamped accounting program (QuickBooks) with added software to align website with local fulfillment warehouse.
- Routinely visited fulfillment warehouse to meet best practices and facilitated training to increase efficiency.
- QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Analytics, Shopping Carts, Merchant Accounts, eBay selling, Amazon selling.
vTech io – Dell Reseller plus computer support service.
Drove the cost-effective procurement initiatives for this technology-based organization leading all aspects of the purchasing process, from vendor sourcing and allocation, to contract negotiations and purchasing agreements.
- Prepared and processed requisitions and purchase orders for $1M per month in computers and similar products.
- Devised and implemented purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Maintained records of goods ordered and received, and managed customer invoicing and reconciliation using QuickBooks, ConnectWise, QuoteWerks and Microsoft Excel.
- Managed merchant account and payments.
- Planned and formulated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for procurement and invoicing processes ensuring efficiency.
BAR@548 – local downtown bar who needed help with inventory, process creation and management, purchasing and accounting.
- Maintained sales records for owners
- Implemented new inventory software
- Managed purchasing and invoice reconciliation
- Managed cash drawer reconciliation process.
- Designed and implemented entertainment procedures to ensure easier W-9 process at year end.
- Created system to track our membership and verify members. Currently working on method to streamline this process for bartenders.
Not-For-Profit Business Work Experience
St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Business Consultant – helped many start-up and ongoing companies in the City of St. Pete to solve problems.
- Marketed and managed a volunteer-taught Entrepreneurial Academy
First Presbyterian Church
- Director of Child Care – I started as a part-time employee bringing my child to work with me. When I took over the program, it had one employee and not many children. Using early pre-Facebook social media, I grew the program to 24 employees and more clients than we could physically handle.
- Director of Youth Program – as a youth pastor, I learned so much about teenagers and what was in their hearts. We worked to support each other and our community by working over 445 hours of volunteer work and 150 hours of fundraising. We started with a few kids and grew 450%!
- Started weekly meetings of local youth pastors of all denominations to act as a problem-solving group and sharing of resources.
American Cancer Society – $815 million dollar company helping cancer patients
- Project Manager/Event Manager – fundraising, volunteer management, project management, event planning
Large Corporation Work Experience
Georgia-Pacific – Building and Construction Division. G-P is a $20 billion company.
- Product Manager, commercial sales rep (B2B)
Zellerbach, A Mead Company – $6 billion company
- Commercial sales and purchasing – purchased and sold $2 million per month with great customers. Increased gross profit by 34%.
- Redesigned sales, order and tracking processes and created database-driven solution in our then mainframe-driven world.
GTE – Now called Verizon – $130 billion company
- Market Manager for 3 of top 10 markets. Researched and wrote marketing plans, managed new product rollout.
- Distribution Manager – East Region. Project manager of distribution of 11 million directories over 9 states. Designed visual representation of project status, managed vendors, inside and outside customers and a fantastic team of people who made it all happen.
- Organic and Paid SEO
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Shopping Carts
- Content Writing
- Working knowledge of website dev, design and more
- So many more…
General Business Skills
- Expert with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
- Expert with Microsoft Word
- Expert with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent Google Docs and Sheets plus Google Drive
- Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, FaceTime and more video conferencing
- QuickBooks, Sage and other accounting software package
- ConnectWise, QuoteWerks and other software packages
- VeraCore and other order fulfillment software packages
- Purchasing and Sourcing
- Inventory and Warehouse Design and Set Up
- So many more…
Neighborhood – life is where you live. As we were starting our family (first a couple of cats, then a few dogs and finally a few kids!), we became more and more alarmed at the pace of the traffic outside our neighborhood home. That started a 12-year process of government red-tape, lots of signatures and finally a thriving new, award-winning neighborhood association complete with slower traffic, fifty new grant-funded neighborhood trees, sidewalks and a couple annual fundraiser/neighborhood parties to raise money for our local fire department. If it is important, I will find a way to make it happen.
Trade shows – I have helped people find their happy place in trade shows since I was 7! Boat shows were the early years as we promoted “our” Tortola BVI based yacht charter business. Later I promoted and sold backyard living areas with self-sustained ponds surrounded by decks, gazebos and hot tubs and even portable fire pits. Helping people enjoy their free time by finding a life changing vacation or surroundings.
Sales – With my training in trade shows, I learned how to sell easily. I love people and solving problems for them. I have sold $2 million per month of web paper (for printing Bibles, books and magazines), millions in building materials, hundreds of thousands in outdoor living areas and RC sailboats (what? I know, right!). Huge market worldwide. We were known for our expert level service and for selling only the best.
Not afraid of anything! Bring. It. On.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a Marketing Concentration @ University of Tampa
- Completed MBA 10 working years after receiving BSBA. The perfect marriage of business experience and upper-level education.
- Completed while working 50-60 hour work weeks selling $2 mil per month
- Graduated with a 3.9 GPA (Me? I know. I am still in shock!)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Marketing Concentration @ University of Central Florida
- Worked full time during college
- Go Knights!